Sunday, July 6, 2008

My apologies for the unexcused absence...

It has been a month since I last blogged...aaaaand that makes me sad, so I need to do something about it!

The Europe trip was amazing! I have almost 600 pictures on facebook, although I am almost sure anyone bored enough to read my blog has already seen all of them - or at least most of them. The D-Day beaches tour was the highlight of the trip in my opinion. It was neat seeing Point du Hoc, the cliffs over taken by the 2nd Ranger Battalion commanded by Lieutenant Colonel James Earl Rudder, Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 1932! (whoop)...If you ever have the opportunity to see the American landing sights in Normandy, I highly recommend it.


This weekend Meg and I went with my Mom and Meg's parents & brother to see an Astros games vs. the LA Dodgers and then spend the 4th of July hanging out, shopping, eating, and seeing fireworks. Well, the Astros bats were dead silent in a 6-2 loss that Thursday - so that was a bust! Speaking of a bust...that evening we saw recent second round draft pick of the LA Clippers, DeAndre Jordan, shopping at the Galleria. If only he would have decided to come back for his sophomore season...Anyways, the 4th was well spent eating at Shrimp -n- Stuff in Galveston and then shopping on the Strand, then going to Kemah for some more shopping, eating, and that night watching the fireworks out over the harbour. It was a solid show, lasting about 17-18 minutes. The next day for lunch Jon took us to Panera Bread, which was my first experience to eat there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I will be going back when I get a chance... Another highlight of the weekend was finally picking up my copy of Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine! When it comes to football in this state, NO magazine covers it better than they do! For the last...I don't know how many years - for as long as I could read and understand the game - I have wasted many, many summer days reading and preparing for the upcoming season for all levels of football in this great football state! I always start to "get the itch" for Friday nights and Saturday afternoons every year Dave Campbell's hits the shelf! With that said, only 55 days or so until the Texas A&M season opener vs. Arkansas State... I truly can't wait!

Last Tuesday I started a summer English class - adolescent lit - and I am about to start a biology class tomorrow, so be in prayer for me to make it through these 2 time intensive courses with a passing grade at least.

Until next time...

2 comments:

JMob said...

and next wk i believe it is....NCAA FOOTBALL 09!

Clay said...

which i will not be buying for regular xbox, so im counting on the 360 version to rock. hard.