Friday, September 12, 2008

This Day: 50 Years Ago


On September 12, 1958 Roger Mark Taylor was born into this world to my grandparents James & Dorothy Taylor, more affectionately known to me as Pappy & Grandma when I was a kid. Little did they know at the time how great of a man he would grow to be...


So on the day my father would have turned 50 years old, I am taking these few moments to blog in his memory and in honor of the life he lived while here on earth. He was as good of a dad as my brother and I could have ever wanted. He was truly always there for us, regardless of how meaningful or meaningless the occasion was. He taught me so many valuable lessons in the 22 years that I knew him, and these lessons will undoubtedly reverberate for generations to come. That is what made my dad so special - his ability to change lives...and the lives of many grandchildren and great grandchildren that he never knew. My job as I carry on in this life without him, is to be a faithful servant just as my dad was. Reach out to people. Love people. Change lives forever. And pass on the knowledge that God always keeps his promises to those that believe in him. My life would not be what it is today without Roger Taylor. I miss him more and more every day, and look forward to the fateful day I will get to see him again just on the other side of those pearly gates...


Roger Mark Taylor - Faithful Servant. Endearing Friend. Honorable Son. Loving Husband. Fearless Father.


My Hero.




5 comments:

Nic Burleson said...

Clay,
I know this had to be hard to write today. I can't imagine how hard but I know it wasn't easy. But thank you for writing it. Your dad was without a doubt my BIGGEST supporter, encourager, and fan at FLBC. In a job where you live in a glass house and don't have a whole lot of real friends who you can be open and honest with, that was who your dad was to me. A good friend. A trusted friend. And in the short time that I knew him he made an incredible impact on my life. I can't imagine how much you and your family miss him, because I know I miss my friend terribly. Thanks for posting this to honor what a great man your dad was.

randman said...

Thank you for honoring your Dad and my friend. I, like you, miss him greatly.

Johanna said...

I loved reading this...again. It was an honor to call your dad friend. It is an honor to know you and your family. Love you!

Brad Taylor said...

Dude, that blog made me cry. Miss that ole guy, Roger.

Alice said...

I wish I had read this on the 12th. that was a hard, hard day! I cannot believe it has been a year! I'm glad you are so well supported by M and the family! What a wonderful tribute!